home about contact tutorials sponsor Image Map

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Weekly Weigh In

Hello!

Hope you are all having a Terrific Thursday! (cheesy much :)).  Thursdays are one of my most favorite days of the week! On Thursdays I get to go visit my Ideal Protein coach and weigh in for the week!

Since this is my first post on here about IP let me give you a little back ground...it's a lot to explain so this is taken straight from the Ideal Protein Website:

"Learn to live off of the body's own fat reserves. The body employs energy from three reserves: glycogen (carbohydrate), protein and fats. First from it’s simple and complex carbohydrate reserves and when depleted, turns simultaneously to its protein and fat reserves for energy. A person not in need of weight loss typically has approximately 1-2% of their body's reserves from carbs, approximately 19% from their muscle mass and 79% of their body reserves from fat.
Simple and complex carbohydrates can prevent weight loss. The body stores approximately three days worth of carbohydrates, therefore, our protocol restricts sugars (simple and complex) until 100% of your weight loss goal is achieved…why? Because, as long as sugar is being consumed, your body may not be burning fat. Remember, the first source of energy is derived from glycogen (carbohydrate) reserves. Therefore, the core principle of the Ideal Protein Protocol is to deplete the glycogen (carbohydrate) reserves completely, in order to compel the body into consuming its fat reserve to burn calories.

Phew....are you still with me?? So to sum it up I eat virtually no carbs, but lots of protein and lots of green veggies. It's hard but it is soooo worth it! I've only been on the program since September and I have already lost 30 pounds!

Anyway...back to why Thursdays are so great....I get to see my progress! When I started this program, I promised myself that I would only weigh with my coach so that flucuations during the week didn't discourage me. I love stepping on the scale {fat girl say what?!} and seeing the progress I've made!

So at today's weigh in...

218.8
only down .6 from last week,the holidays were hard for me! but I did okay, I didn't gain and that's a success for me! I did the math today and I'm hoping to be at my goal weight by June/July. Any cute swim suit suggestions??

stay pretty--





2 comments:

  1. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/robin-piccone-penelope-crochet-overlay-one-piece-swimsuit/3240353?origin=category&resultback=248

    I LOVE this blog! Never stop posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that suit is sooo cute!! I am going to have to put it on my vision board! I am glad you like the blog,I'm gonna keep posting! comments like yours make it easy to stay motivated so thank you for reading!!

      Delete